The online travel portal allows the customer to find the various destinations of their choice, Location information, availability, price comparison and hotel reservation or if they are looking for any package then they can also find with the help of the Several Vacation Packages. . A traveler can take advantage of a quick and efficient search for your travel needs with the help of Online Travel Portals. Before the invention of the Internet People used to visit Travel Agents and Tour Operators for their hotel reservation, car reservation or excursion. But what I’ve seen is that even though Online Travel Portals therefore offer options available to the end customer, it still fails to attract the maximum of Audience Target. We will discuss what are the disadvantages of the Travel Portals below.
1) Limited options: Travel agents offering good rates may not have the Online Travel Booking Engine where the customer can directly book their Tickets and receive confirmation.
2) Real-time confirmation: Many Tour Operators will allow the customer to book online but does not offer real-time confirmation.
3) Hidden Tariff and Security: Travel Agents and Tour Operators often advertise low rates to attract the customer but then charge some hidden fares. Booking Travel Online requires paying an amount to pay in advance which will put the customer at risk through an unsafe website.
4) Paid Announcements: Online booking rarely gives a Customer a talk with someone about the service. There may be a case where the Customer will find a testimonial on the Travel Agents site and the Provider site but you can never be sure if it is paid or genuine advertising.
5) Specific Requirements: The Customer cannot confirm the specific requirement while making the Online Booking from the Hotel Booking System.